- Select an area in your Garden
- Pick out some plants that Fairies Love
- Attract Fairies with Water
- Add Music to your Garden
- Encourage Wildlife into your Garden
- Leave Offerings for the Fairies
- Add a Fairy House or Fairy sized Furniture
There are many different ways to attract fairies to your garden, from installing some fairy sized houses, to choosing some fairy friendly plants, in this blog we explore what you can do to make your garden irresistible to the ‘little people’.
1. Select an area in your garden.
It is said that fairies are attracted to spaces filled with life , so with that in mind. pick an area in your garden that you think the fairies would like. Perhaps somewhere sheltered, under a tree or in a flower bed. If you want to create a fairy garden on a smaller scale you can also use a planter, think old barrels, tin tubs or terracotta pots.
2. Pick out some plants that fairies love!
Fairies love all kinds of plants and you may already have some in your garden, but here is a list of Fairy Garden plants that are especially attractive to a curious fairy
3. Attract fairies with water
Your new little visitors love water, for frolicking and bathing in, so adding a water feature to your garden is a great way to attract them. If you are lucky enough to have a pond or fountain that’s fantastic, if not a bird bath or pretty dish would work equally well. You can also buy fairy sized ponds from various retailers. https://www.awaywiththefairies.ie/product/fairy-garden-frog-pond/ . If there has not been much rain, remember to keep your dish topped up with water.
4. Add music to your garden
Fairies absolutely love music, why not add some pretty chimes that will tinkle invitingly when the wind blows. These are available in lots of different styles to buy or why not make your own. if you look carefully when a gentle breeze blows you may spot fairies dancing to the music of the chimes. https://www.awaywiththefairies.ie/product/daisy-solar-fairy-wind-chime/
5. Encourage wildlife into your garden.
As mentioned earlier fairies thrive in an area filled with life, whether it be plants or wildlife. Do what you can to attract, birds, bees , butterflies and other wildlife that may be in your area. Fairies have a special affinity with wildlife and can often be found chatting together at the bottom of the garden.
- To attract birds, add bird feeders, bird baths and nesting boxes
- To attract bees add bee friendly plants, did you know they can see the colour purple best ,e.g Lavender, Bluebell, Buddleia and Cornflower.
- To Attract butterflies, they have very similar tastes to bees , they particularly love Buddleia, Verbena and Red Valerian.
- Attract small mammals , such as squirrels by leaving out nuts and leaving wild areas in your garden.
6. Leave out offerings for the fairies
What do we mean by offerings? Well essentially little gifts that you think the fairies may like. You might like to leave out a little dish with some of the following:
- Fairy dust (The Eco variety)
- Flower petals
- Buttons, sequins
- Crystals and pretty stones
- Anything sparkly
Remember don’t leave anything too precious in the garden, the fairies may keep them after all.
7. Add a Fairy house and fairy sized furniture
The Fairies will feel especially welcome if you offer them somewhere to live, you might like to make a fairy dwelling or buy one. There is lots of information on line to get you started with making a fairy house, and there is a huge range of Fairy Houses available to buy. From Solar light up to houses with Opening doors and windows, you are sure to find a home for the fairies in your Garden.
It’s really fun to try attract fairies into your garden and the changes you make will also be good for wildlife too! You will enjoy the scents and sounds as much as the fairies, from the tinkling chimes to beautiful bird song. Take time to sit quietly and listen and you may be lucky enough to spot a fairy